Buffalo Hearing & Speech Center welcomes students, volunteers and individuals interesting in observing our center!
We have many opportunities available for anyone interested in fulfilling college-level academic requirements for speech language pathology, occupational therapy, physical therapy, social work, music therapy, student teaching, audiology and much more!
In addition, we also have general volunteer and observation opportunities for individuals based on position availability and scheduling compatibility. Please note that while we make every effort to accommodate your volunteer/observation request, we may only be able to fulfill some requests.
All students, volunteers and observers are obligated to fulfill the following requirements by turning in specific paperwork. Please note that once you are contacted, you will receive the appropriate paperwork from human resources and details on how to complete it.
1. State Central Registry ("SCR")
2. Background Check
3. A health assessment (physical, PPD and proof of MMR) on BHSC's health form
4. 3 letters of reference (previous or current professors, employment supervisors or volunteer supervisors are acceptable)
5. Listing of emergency contacts
6. Confidentiality Form
7. Educational Documentation (official transcripts)
8. Orientation MAY be required, depending on the length of your assignment at BHSC.
To get started on this process, please fill out an application by clicking here and applying to the appropriate application.