Thank you to our Participating Breweries from 2012. Check out the list below to see what you missed.
Stay Tuned for our list of Participating Breweries for Buffalo Brewfest 2013
- BROOKLYN GOLD STANDARD EXPORT KELLERBIER - The title Export connotes a beer more robust than pilsner, while the word Kellerbier tells us that its unfiltered. Our malt is 100% floor-malted Bohemian barley, giving the beer a rich bready backbone. And Brooklyn Gold Standard is going to need a solid backbone to hold up all those snappy German Hallertau Perle, Hallertau Mittelfrueh, and Czech Saaz hops that are smooth. The big floral hop aroma is followed by refreshingly bold bitterness and beautiful rounded malt flavors.
- SORACHI ACE - Brooklyn Sorachi Ace is a classic saison, crackingly dry, hoppy unfiltered golden farmhouse ale, but made entirely with now-rare Sorachi Ace hops grown by a single farm in Washington. We ferment it with our special Belgian ale strain, and then add more Sorachi Ace hops post-fermentation. After dry-hopping, the beer emerges with a bright spicy lemongrass/lemon zest aroma backed by a wonderfully clean malt flavor.
- BROOKLYN OKTOBERFEST - Brewed from the finest German malt and hops, Brooklyn Oktoberfest is true to the original style, full-bodied and malty, with a bready aroma and light, brisk hop bitterness.
- POST ROAD PUMPKIN ALE - Hundreds of pounds of pumpkins are blended into the mash of each batch, creating a beer with an orange amber color, warm pumpkin aroma, and light, brisk hop bitterness.
BUFFALO BILL'S BREWERY - HAYWARD, CA
- AMBER ALE - Medium body, reddish brown color with malty characteristics and mild hop finish
- PALE ALE - A crisp refreshing American pale ale with a stronger hop flavor
CB's COMMUNITY BREWING CO.
- CB'S CAGED ALPHA MONKEY IPA - We use both whole leaf and pellet hops in six additions which creates a crazy mix of pineapple, grapefruit, and pine aromas. 6.5% ABV; 65 IBU
- CB'S OKTOBERFEST LAGER - German style lager with All-German hops and malts. Its cold fermented and aged to give it a clean crisp finish. 6.2% ABV
- CB'S SIGNATURE SERIES ALE
- CB'S MacBUBBA SCOTCH ALE - it has a subtle smoky undertone not found in most beers. 6.5% ABV
COMMUNITY BEER WORKS
- FRANK - American Pale Ale finished with Zeus, centennial-type and Zythos
- THE WHALE - Brown Ale with English malts and a smooth, roasted finish
DG YUENGLING AND SON
- LORD CHESTERFIELD ALE - One of our distinct classic beers brewed since 1829, Yuengling Lord Chesterfield Ale has as much heritage as it does flavor and appeal. Crafter in a unique two-stage Eurpoean brewing style for enhanced bitterness; it utilizes both unconventional kettle hopping and dry hopping after fermentation resulting in a dry sharp finish. Brewed with select hops, its distinct robust flavor is derived from a delicate combination of sweet maltiness and lingering herbal bitterness. Lord Chesterfield Ale's bright gold color is complemented by a lightly laced foam head and fragrant, zesty aroma. This fine Ale compares with the very best craft-style beers. It pairs flawlessly with many foods including seafood dishes and fine cheeses.
- DARK BREWED PORTER - Yuengling Dark Brewed Porter is an original specialty beer that has been brewed expressly for tavern owners and family trade since 1829. We are proud to be recognized as one of the largest Porter producers in the US. An authentic craft style beer, our Porter calls for a generous portion of caramel and dark roasted malts, which deliver a rich full-bodied flavor and creamy taste with slight tones of chocolate evident in every sip. It pours dark, topped with a thick, foamy head, and imparts a faint, malty aroma. This smooth and robust Porter has a unique character that compliments any meal from steak or seafood to chocolate desserts. Yuengling Dark Brewed Porter is enjoyed by even the most discerning consumer for its flawless taste and unwavering quality.
DUNDEE ALES & LAGERS - ROCHESTER, NY
ERIE BREWING COMPANY
- DEVIL BENDER ALE - Scottish style ale
- DERAILED ALE - Black cherry ale
- MISERY BAY IPA
ELLICOTTVILLE BREWING COMPANY
- TWO BROTHERS PALE ALE - American Style Pale Ale, copper in color with a robust cascade hop aroma and flavor. 5.5% ABV; 51
- BLUEBERRY WHEAT - A light golden wheat beer with a subtle blueberry aroma and flavor. 4.2% ABV; 11 IBU
- OCTOBERFEST LAGER - we use on the freshest Gernam Hallatauer hops and Munich malts to produce this royal brew. 5.6% ABV;
- BLACK HOPS - Dark Pale Ale with all-American hop bitterness, roasted malt flavor and a citrusy hop aroma. 6.0% ABV; 60 IBU
- BUFFALO LAGER - German inspired golden beer with a balanced flavor and soft finish.
- RUSTY CHAIN - Amber colored Vienna style beer with a toasty malt and spicy hop flavor.
- AVIATOR RED - Ruby red, Irish style beer with a complex malt flavor and smooth finish.
- BISONFEST - Traditional Bavarian Oktoberfest style beer.
- SEASON ALE - Something special serves on our beer engine.
GORDON BIERSCH BREWERY RESTAURANT
- Traditional Oktoberfest style beer; Amber in color; Nice maltiness with a smooth finish. 5.7% ABV.
- BLONDE BOCK - A big beer with good hop profile to balance out; Deep blonde in color; very smooth. 7% ABV.
- HEFEWEIZEN - A traditional Bavarian wheat beer; Good malty wheat taste that is balanced with clove and banana. 5.5% ABV.
GREAT LAKES BREWING COMPANY
- OKTOBERFEST - An amber lager with rich malt flavor balanced by fragrant noble hops.
- EDMUND FITZGERALD PORTER - A complex, roasty porter with a bittersweet, chocolate-coffee taste and bold hop presence.
- LAKE ERIE MONSTER, ENGINE 20 - An unfiltered imperial India pale ale with huge hop flavor.
- DOS EQUIS LAGER - XX's Lager is a crisp Golden lager that is easy drinking and finishes with a sweet malty taste.
- DOS EQUIS AMBER - XX's Amber is a full bodies Vienna Style Amber lager that is easy drinking with a hit of spicy after taste.
INNIS & GUNN
- INNIS & GUNN ORIGINAL -It's lengthy 77-day maturation imparts flavors of toffee, vanilla, and oak that perfectly complement the beer's backbone of luscious malt and fruity hop notes. 6.6% ABV.
- INNIS & GUNN RUM CASK - A unique combination of rum and oak give this specially brewed beer a deep red color with flavors of soft fruits and malt balanced by lively spiciness and mellow oak background.
ITHACA BEER CO.
- APRICOT WHEAT - Our easy-drinking wheat beer is light in color and ...perfect for those looking for a lighter taste. The combination of wheat and barley gives Apricot Wheat a different malt character than our other ales. The hint of apricot gives this beer a pleasant nose and fruity finish.
- CASCAZILLA - The name CascaZilla (Cas-kuh-zil-uh) is a play on both the name of a gorge in Ithaca called Cascadilla and the monster amounts of Cascade Hops we use to make the beer. The predominant flavor and aroma of this beer comes from fresh American hops. CascaZilla gets its distinctive red color from a healthy portion of caramel malt, which also lends to the beer, a hearty body and sweetness. It is a hoppy red ale!
LAKE PLACID BREWING CO
- UBU ALE - Deep garnet red in color, owns a smooth rich maltiness combined with just the right amount of hops to add complexity and balance. 7.0% ABV.
- LAKE PLACID HEFE - Brewed with German wheat and barley and authentic German yeast. Has a touch of clove spiciness and a cloudy golden appearance. 5.5% ABV.
LONG TRAIL BREWING CO.
- LONG TRAIL HARVEST ALS
- LONG TRAIL IMPERIAL PUMPKIN ALE
MacTARNAHAN'S BREWING CO.
MAGIC HAT BREWING COMPANY - SOUTH BURLINGTON, VT
MERCHANT DU VIN
- SAM SMITH APRICOT
- AYINGER OKTOBERFEST
- LINDEMAN'S FRAMBOISE
- RARE VOS AMBER ALE - Brewery Ommegang's Rare Vos Amber Ale is styled after the smooth, drinkable beers popular in Belgian cafes. In fact, it's named after a café just outside of Brussels: De Rare Vos, which translates as "The Sly Fox." The café was made famous as a starting point for both pigeon and cycle races, thus the Rare Vos logo of a bicycle tire and a wing. Rare Vos pours a bright copper-amber hue, contrasting beautifully with a big, creamy white head. The nose offers orange blossoms and slight spice. On the palate, the caramel maltiness shines strongly but with little sweetness. The profile leans toward dry fruity (yeast affiliated), herbaceous and spicy notes. This complex, medium-bodied beer has a smooth mid-palate and moderate dry finish. Well balanced in all elements, it's a mild, mellow, and highly quaffable brew.
- WITTE - Ommegang Witte is brewed with un-malted wheat, orange peel, and coriander - offering a refreshing style that showcases the Belgian talent for brewing full-flavored ales that are also light, balanced, and simply intriguing. Hazy gold, topped by a huge white, fluffy head. Ommegang Witte is pleasantly light on the tongue, while balanced flavors of lemon, sweet orange, and wheat give way to a dry, refreshing finish. It is the perfect thirst-quencher.
- COPPER ALE - Medium bodied ale with six different malt and three hops, brewed with special house yeast.
- WOLAVERS BLACK IPA - Unfiltered black IPA exudes caramel and roasted notes.
- WOLAVERS OATMEAL STOUT - Organic oatmeal stout.
PAN AMERICAN GRILL & BREWERY
PEARL STREET GRILL & BREWERY
- SABER'S EDGE - American style Double India Pale Ale will sheathe your tongue in an explosion of hop flavor, tempered by a rich, full-bodied malt presence.
- LUNE D'BLUE - Belgian style Witbier
PYRAMID BREWING CO. - SEATTLE, WA
ROHRBACH BREWING COMPANY
- SCOTCH ALE - (or sometimes called "Wee Heavy") a strong ale that is full bodied with a sweet caramel flavor, and high alcohol content. This beer is much stronger than it tastes and varies between 7-7.5% ABV.
- CALIFORNIA IPA - Based after the India Pale Ales brewed and crafted on the West Coast, Rohrbach's California IPA is full of hops! Medium-bodied, amber in color, and potent in alcohol, the California IPA is perfect for hop-heads and the beginning of summer! 6.8% ABV.
- SAM PATCH PORTER - This porter is brewed for those who want a rich, smooth, classic-style porter. The Same Patch Porter is brewed with a large amount of chocolate malt and a touch of black patent malt. Balanced with American and English hops, Sam Patch Porter is a perfect year-round beer. 5.5% ABV.
- WHITE IPA - A thrilling hybrid of two great styles: IPA and Belgian White. Refreshing characteristics of Orange peel and coriander, brewed with Citra Hops. 6.0% ABV
- HIGH PEAKS LEMON GINGER SAISON - Belgian Style wheat beer; ginger and lemon peel accentuate this fruity and aromatic delight. 8.5% ABV
VICTORY BREWING COMPANY