This list is updated daily, so visit keep checking back to see who's on their way to Buffalo Brewfest!
· Brewmasters Reserve Scorcher #366: (Session IPA) Brooklyn Scorcher #366 is a very tasty summer pale ale featuring a hop so new that it doesn't have a real name yet - right now it's just called "HBC 366". But this hop does have parents. Jason Perrault of Perrault Farms crossed the Warrior variety with a "wild" hop back in 2001. Jason says "The brilliant coloration of the leaves combined with a nice growth habit and exceptionally formed cones with abundant lupulin (the repository of all those aromatic oils), resulted in a strikingly beautiful plant." Working with the legendary hop breeder Gene Probasco, Jason took cuttings and started growing dozens of plants with fellow grower John I. Haas. Tom Nielsen, hop guru with our friends at Sierra Nevada Brewing, helped them figure out that this new hop was indeed delicious in beer. By 2009, the Smith family of B.T. Loftus Ranches were growing some too, and today "HBC 366" occupies about 1.2 acres of land in the Yakima Valley of Washington. And here it is! Brooklyn Scorcher #366 is a hoppy pale ale that's dry, minerally and fruity on the palate, snappy in the center, and bursting with the citrusy, piney notes that make our new pal 366 so special. At only 4.5%, Scorcher #366 is eminently sessionable.
· Brooklyn Sorachi Ace: Single-hop Farmhouse Ale, is a classic saison, with a cracklingly dry, hoppy unfiltered golden farmhouse ale made entirely with Sorachi Ace hops. We ferment it with our special Belgian ale strain and then add more Sorachi Ace hops post-fermentation. The beer emerges with a bright spicy lemongrass/lemon zest aroma backed by a wonderfully clean malt flavor. It tastes like sunshine. ABV 7.6%.
CB Brewing Company
· CB White Hop: Session Belgian IPA.
· CB Buzz Bock: Maibock with Honey
· CB Caged Alpha Monkey: A bold east coast IPA
· CB Red Rhino: Imperial Red Lager
· Freschester Pale Ale: Loaded with US-grown Cascade, Crystal, and Columbus hops, so be sure to take a good sniff to enjoy their robust aromas before taking your first step. An aromatic beer with notes of citrus, pine a noticeable bitterness, and a touch of malty backbone to help balance it out. 5.5% ABV.
· IPA: Hops, hops & more hops. This beer is brewed using only the finest US grown hops from our good friends out West. With a robust hop aroma from the dry hopping process this beer delivers on its promise to provide a full sensory assault on your taste buds. 7% ABV.
Community Beer Works
· Frank; American Pale Ale: We start with a mellow malt base to showcase the hops against a lightly grainy sweetness. Zeus, Centennial and Zythos hops are used in the boil and again in dry hopping to maximize hop aroma and flavor. The result is a superbly drinkable Pale Ale loaded with zest, pine, and a touch of citrus.
· The Whale; American Brown Ale: The Whale is a smooth yet complex beer, packed with flavor yet easy to drink. We layer distinctive English brown malt and two types of chocolate malt to create aromas and flavors of coffee, chocolate and a surprisingly deep roast.
· De Maas, Belgian-style Amber Ale: De Maas balances a fruity and floral Belgian yeast character with caramel and toasty maltiness and a firm bitterness. A beer that pairs well with many foods, from cheeses to meat dishes to deserts!
· Rutherford B. Haze; Belgian-style Pale Ale: A Belgian wheat beer of great distinction, Rutherford pours a hazy gold with a fine white head. Trappist yeast, a bunch of wheat and Slovenian hops create a bright, refreshing beer perfect for a warm day.
DG Yuengling and Son Brewery
· Yuengling Dark Brewed Porter: Yuengling Dark Brewed Porter is an original specialty beer that has been brewed expressly for tavern owners and family trade since 1829. We are proud to be recognized as one of the largest Porter producers in the US. An authentic craft style beer, our Porter calls for a generous portion of caramel and dark roasted malts, which deliver a rich full-bodied flavor and creamy taste with slight tones of chocolate evident in every sip. It pours dark, topped with a thick, foamy head, and imparts a faint, malty aroma. This smooth and robust Porter has a unique character that compliments any meal from steak or seafood to chocolate desserts. Yuengling Dark Brewed Porter is enjoyed by even the most discerning consumer for its flawless taste and unwavering quality.
· Lord Chesterfield Ale: One of our distinct classic beers brewed since 1829, Yuengling Lord Chesterfield Ale has as much heritage as it does flavor and appeal. Crafter in a unique two-stage Eurpoean brewing style for enhanced bitterness; it utilizes both unconventional kettle hopping and dry hopping after fermentation resulting in a dry sharp finish. Brewed with select hops, its distinct robust flavor is derived from a delicate combination of sweet maltiness and lingering herbal bitterness. Lord Chesterfield Ale's bright gold color is complemented by a lightly laced foam head and fragrant, zesty aroma. This fine Ale compares with the very best craft-style beers. It pairs flawlessly with many foods including seafood dishes and fine cheeses.
· Yuengling Oktoberfest (if available).
· Summer Shandy: This unique warm weather sipper is a tasty tandem of a lager and lemon with a light, refreshing and enticing tart taste that is truly the ideal accompaniment to a hot summer's day. 4.2% ABV.
· Octoberfest: An American-style Marzen that carries on in the European tradition. Perfect for those days raking leaves, sitting around with your friends or a day all by yourself. 5.5% ABV.
Ellicot Brewing Company
· Blueberry Wheat: A refreshing beer any time of the year! A light golden brew that starts out with Canadian 2 row barley, White wheat, and noble German Hops. Then we add just the right amount of blueberry to give a great flavor and aroma. 4.2% ABV.
· Pantius Droppus: A Full-bodied American style Imperial Pale Ale with a malty mouth-feel that explodes with hop flavor & aroma. 10.6% ABV.
Empire Brewing Company
· Amber Ale: Empire's Amber Ale is a beer drinker's beer. Clean and refined, with just the right balance between hop bitterness & sweet malt. 5.5% ABV
· White Aphro: Belgian style Wit Ale Fermented with a traditional Belgian yeast strain, lemon peel, ginger & lavender. Wheat malt is added, to make this an unforgettable Belgian white. 6.3% ABV
Flying Bison Brewing Company
· Buffalo Kolsch 716: Very balanced German Style Kolsch--easy drinking
· Rusty Chain: Vienna Style Amber--world famous in Buffalo
· Buffalo IPA: Hoppy IPA in the West coast Style. Big bitterness, full hoppy flavor. Bright finish from Australian Galaxy hops.
· Bisonfest: Traditional German Oktoberfest Style Beer. Rich malty flavor. Smooth finish leaves you wanting more.
· Buffalo Brewfest Beer on cask!
Gordon Biersch Brewery and Restaurant
· Blonde Bock: A Helles Bock with a golden hue. Nice up front maltiness, finishes smooth with a slight hop bite. 7% ABV, 26 BU, 16.5 OG.
· Czech Pilsner: A traditional bohemian style pilsner. Nice noble hop notes, with a spicy Saaz finish. 5.5% ABV, 36 BU, 12.5 OG.
· Marzen: A traditional style Oktoberfest beer. Copper to Amber in color. This beer is rich with malt, yet smooth and drinkable. 5.7% ABV, 18BU, 13.5 OG.
Ithaca Beer Co.
· Apricot Wheat: Our easy-drinking wheat beer is light in color and body...perfect for those looking for a lighter taste. The combination of wheat and barley gives Apricot Wheat a different malt character than our other ales. The hint of apricot gives this beer a pleasant nose and fruity finish
· Flower Power IPA: Enjoy the clover honey hue and tropical nose. Simultaneously Punchy and soothing with a big body and a finish that boasts pineapple and grapefruit. Flower power is hopped and dry-hopped five different times throughout the brewing and fermentation process.
· All Day IPA: The Beer you have been waiting for. Keeps your taste satisfied while keeping your senses sharp. An All day IPA naturally brewed with a complex array of malts, grains and hops. Balanced for optimal aromatics and a clean finish.
· Rubaeus: Not another boring wheat beer or Sahndy! Founders way to celebrate summer. Optimizing the flavor or fresh raspberries added at multiple stages during fermentation, this stunning berry red masterpiece is the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
· Curmudgeon Old Ale: This old ale is brewed with molasses and an insane focus on the malt bill, then oak aged. The result is a strong rich malty delight that is deceptively smooth and drinkable.
Long Trail Brewing
· Long Trail Traditional IPA: An English-style IPA that is naturally carbonated, dry-hopped, and unfiltered just as in the early days of the British empire.
· Brown Bag Series #5 - Lemon Pepper Kolsch: A great summer thirst-quencher that colors outside the lines of malt and hops. Brewed in traditional Kolschbier style, this beer has a clean, refreshing flavor profile with strong citrusy and mild peppery notes derived from the use of lemon rind and ground peppercorns in the brewing process. This brew is a limited release as part of Long Trail's draught-only Brown Bag Series introducing a new style every 6-8 weeks.
· Magic Hat #9: Not Quite Pale Ale a beer cloaked in secrecy. An ale whose mysterious and unusual palate will swirl across your tongue. A sort of dry, crisp, fruity refreshing pale ale. 5.1% ABV.
· Magic Hat Séance: A dark saison rich with earthy hues and flavors. Subtle hints of ripe fruit bring you to a place few dare to roam. 4.4 ABV.
· Magic Hat Blind Faith: Our take on an India Pale Ale (IPA.) A deep golden amber ale with a rich up-front malty nose finishing with a big, hoppy bite. Dry-hopped to finish with a big fresh (Cascade) hop flavor. 6.2% ABV.
· Ommegang Rare VOS: Beautiful coppery-amber color and the rich creamy head. Lift the glass to your mouth and enjoy the aroma of spicy orange blossoms. Taste, and the pleasant mellow flavor of caramel malt glides easily into a dry, hop finish. 6.5% ABV.
· Ommegang Witte: Crafted for summer session drinking, is a traditional white ale, or witbier; pale in color, with a high, white frothy head and refreshing flavors of orange, lemon, coriander, and wheat. 5.1% ABV.
Pan American Grill & Brewery
· City of Light: A Pale German Lager in the Munich Helles Style - City of Light is a light, refreshing brew with a mild but notable malt presence, palate-pleasing balance and moderate noble German hop flavor.
· Roosevelt Red: A malty and robust Irish Red Ale - Roosevelt Red is a hearty brew that goes down smooth & easy. Its rich malt base is complemented by the mellow flavor of East Kent Golding hops. Slainte!
Pearl Street Grill & Brewery
· Sabre's Edge: An American-style Double IPA, Saber's Edge will sheathe your tongue in an explosion of hop flavor, tempered by a rich, full-bodied malt presence.
· Lune'd'blue: The ideal beer for those hot summer nights on the patio, this great Belgian Witbier is a real thirst-quencher. Lune' d'bleu is light and effervescent with a subtle spicy character of orange peel, coriander and ginger.
Ringside Brewing Company
Ringside Beer All American Lager: Ringside Beer is a fresh tasting, craft brewed premium lager. It has a great balance of malted barley and a hop character that brings the flavors together.
· Boston Lager: The flagship beer of the Boston Beer Company, Boston Lager offers a full, rich flavor that is both balanced and complex. It is brewed using a decoction mash, a time consuming, traditional four vessel brewing process discarded by many contemporary brewers. 4.9% ABV.
· Octoberfest: Octoberfest is a malt lover's dream, masterfully blending together five roasts of barley to create a delicious harmony of sweet flavors including caramel and toffee. Octoberfest provides a wonderful transition from the lighter beers of summer to the winter's heartier brews. 5.3% ABV.
· Torpedo: Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ale is a big American IPA; bold, assertive and full of flavor and aromas highlighting the complex citrus, pine and herbal character of whole-cone American hops. 7.2% ABV.
· Summerfest: Summerfest is a refreshing, pilsner-style lager. Its incredible smoothness comes from an extra-long lagering period. Lighter in body than our ales but just as complex in character, Summerfest quenches your thirst with big aroma and a tangy hop bite. 5% ABV.
· Hop Sun: Filtered to a golden clarity and dry-hopped to perfection, Hop Sun is a fantastic session ale in which flavors of wheat, barley and hops commingle to a refreshing and zesty conclusion. Hints of lemon and sweet malts waft to the fore as a touch of bitterness contributes to Hop Sun's bright finish. 5.1% ABV.
· 2X Steam: Keeping in the tradition of the 19th century California brewers, a lager yeast is used to ferment @X Steam. Historically, this style is fermented at higher temperatures than a typical lager and that is how we are brewing our version. 8% ABV.
Three Heads Brewing
· Kind IPA: Voraciously hoppy and not overly bitter. The Kind brings enormous aroma and maximum flavor. It's like taking a walk through a pine forest and ending up at a citrus farm. This beer brings joy to the world, one sip at a time. 6.8% Alc/vol. 76 IBUs.
· Too Kind Double IPA: Our mamas always taught us that you can never be too polite. In their honor, we decided to test that theory with the Too Kind. It has everything you love from the Kind IPA but jacked up to an out-of-this-world level. A hop exuberance of pine, citrus and love that plays nice with others. 8.5% Alc/vol. 87 IBUs
· Rochestafarian Wee Heavy: Rochestafarian n. 1. A beer, malty in nature, brewed to honor Rochester, NY. Like the city's ï¬ne funky music, this sweet, full bodied, slightly bitter brew is sure to sway the soul and bring about a feeling of Irie. 2. One who loves 3HB. 7 % Alc/vol. 34 IBUs
· Loopy Oatmeal Red: WE LOVE HOPS! Their tantalizing aromas. Their diverse and succulent ï¬‚avors of citrus and spice. All the amazing ways they can be used in brewing. 3HB dedicates the Loopy to our favorite plant, the Humulus Lupulus. Enjoy the waves of tropical fruit intertwined delightfully with a creamy, velvety malt blend. Come get Loopy with us! 6.6 Alc/vol. 64 IBUs
...and a few that we just had to have:
· Head Waters Pale Ale: Our brewery is blessed with exceptionally pure water that travels just over a dozen wooded miles to reach our brewery. With this pristine water we have transformed floral American hops and subtle, crisp German malts into a refreshing delight. 5.1% ABV.
· Summer Of Love American Blonde: This brew has a vibrant and refreshing pale color derived from its lean and refreshing malt body. 5.5 ABV%. Bottles & draft.
· Orange Blossom Cream Ale: Orange Blossom Cream Ale is a seasonal beer available in the spring and summer. Pour it into a glass and enjoy the wonderful fragrance of freshly peeled orange. Orange Blossom Cream Ale is brewed with sweet orange peel, orange blossom extract and honey.5.2% ABV. Bottles only.